Sunday, September 12, 2010

Mini MAC haul update

I have finally got around to posting an update on my mini MAC haul!




First up is the primer. As I mentioned before, it has a lovely light consistency (despite its creamy appearance), it goes on smoothly, absorbs excess oil and gives my skin a lovely, silky, shine free finish. In fact, it eliminates the need for powder (although I prefer to wear powder anyway). And since I forget to apply sunscreen most of the time (which is bad, I know), this will stop my face from getting sunburned during the warmer months.




Next up is the eyeshadow. It looks very pretty on the skin, with just the right amount of shimmer. It has quite a lot of pigment in it, but not so much that you need to be extra light handed with it. It's really easy to blend too. I'd love to try other MAC eyeshadows in the future.




Finally, the lipstick is also very pigmented, goes on smoothly and has a lovely satin finish. I prefer satin when it comes to lipstick finishes as it is not glossy, but not quite matte (which, if your whole makeup look is made up of matte products, can make your face look flat). To make it look even better, it is essential that you exfoliate your lips (you can make your own scrub using sugar and oil, but if you happen to be lazy like me, the scrubs made by Lush and Sara Happ are good alternatives) and apply lip balm, allowing it to sink in before you apply the lipstick.


To finish this post off, here is what the eyeshadow and lipstick look like when applied to the skin (please ignore the kitty scratch):


No comments:

Post a Comment